Office Procedures during COVID-19
We are very excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office is officially open! Please be patient with us as we navigate this “new normal”. It remains our top priority to keep our team, patients, and community safe. We have implemented extensive new safety measures that go above and beyond the guidelines to ensure maximum protection for our patients and staff.
If you would like to book an appointment, please call or email our office and we will be happy to schedule you in.
You will need to fill out and submit our screening form prior to your visit.
What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that meets and often exceeds RCDSO and CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Personalized arrival procedures.
- One patient per appointment.
- Limit use of the waiting room to maintain social-distancing and decrease physical contact with surfaces.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
- Hand sanitizers is positioned throughout the clinic.
- Providing more educational materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at the beginning and end of work period.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced HVAC disinfection with UV light or HEPA Filtration units.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment such as visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduced protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- Provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
We are confident that we will be able to care for your smile in a safe and comfortable environment for all. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Monday: 9am - 6pm
Tuesday: 8am - 5pm
Wednesday: 9am - 6pm
Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Friday: 8am - 3pm
Saturday: By Appointment Only